Christmas is right around the corner and everyone is rushing to buy the perfect tree. While Christmas trees are beautiful and festive, they can unfortuantely also be dangerous.
The combination of a dry Christmas tree and an open flame can be a deadly duo. We’re going to go over Christmas tree safety so that your family stays safe this holiday season.
Christmas Tree Safety Tips
Below you will find several Christmas tree safety tips that will help keep you safe. Each of these tips is easy to follow and everyone should be able to implement them.
• Buy a fresh cut tree: When purchasing your Christmas tree, buy one from a tree farm. Fresh cut trees from a tree farm will be green and not dried out. This will help prevent a fire and your tree will look great all season long.
• Don’t forget to water your tree: When you wake up in the morning, make it a habit to check your trees water level. Even if there is still some water in the tree, add enough liquid to fill the stand back up to the top.
• Go artificial: Many people love real trees but if you are worried about fire safety, an artificial tree is a great option. Many of these artificial trees come with a special flame-resistant coating.
• Use LED tree lights: LED tree lights are energy efficient and burn much cooler than traditional lights. This will help prevent fire and cut down on your electric bill at the same time.
• Don’t burn your tree: After the holidays, you will have to dispose of your live tree. Many people are tempted to burn the tree with their yard waste but this can be dangerous as well as bad for the environment.
Luckily, many tree removal services will take your Christmas trees and dispose of them for free!
So at the end of the holiday season, make sure to contact your local tree removal service to see if they will dispose of your tree.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call. Thank you for being our customer, we wouldn’t have a business without you!
The Folks at National Tree Service
Call us today for a FREE no obligation consultation on all of your tree needs. We are confident once you compare our quality, reputation, credentials and honest, fair pricing you will choose us call us at (205) 956-3000 or click here to send us an email.
We also have a 24 hour phone service for emergencies.